Invest in Blue. See Green.
In St. Clair County, you have the best of all worlds – you are close to the big city, its labor force, arts and culture, and institutions of higher learning, but you benefit from the lower costs of a fringe suburban community. St. Clair County is a unique destination, an international center of commerce and a critical stop along the I-69 International Trade Corridor, a NAFTA highway. With a proximity to the entire North American marketplace, multiple modes of transportation connecting Canada, the U.S. and Mexico via the Blue Water Bridge border crossing, and a community that is appealing to families, St. Clair County is an ideal location for corporate investment.
Here are a few of the cost advantages that we offer to businesses and investors:
- Land prices 30-50 percent lower than Southeast Michigan average
- Average industrial rental rate of $4/sq. ft.
- Average office rental rate of $12/sq. ft.
- The lowest average wage rates in Southeast Michigan
- Flat 6% corporate income tax rate for C Corporations and 4.35% personal income tax rate for S Corporations and LLC’s.
- Stable public utility rates with electricity and gas rates regulated in St. Clair County
- Personal property tax slated to be eliminated in 2016
- Michigan does not levy inventory taxes or charge impact fees
- Blue Water Bridge is a preferred border crossing over the Ambassador Bridge in Detroit due to its closer proximity to Toronto and tolls based on number of axles vs. weight
- St. Clair County Cost of living 15% below national average
- Median home value of $156,100 compared to U.S. average of $181,400 and Southeast Michigan average of $160,544