Entrepreneurs are essential to an innovative economy and a key element to the future success and prosperity of the region. Innovation leads from ideas into the creation of useful new products, services and exciting new ways of doing things; and modern technologies are central to creation of wealth through business expansion leading to economic development.
St. Clair County is fortunate to have a network of organizations dedicated to supporting growth and innovation. Here are a few of the resources that are available:
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) – We offer no-cost assistance in everything from writing a business plan to finding ways to finance your start-up to expanding your business into international markets.
- TechPort Entrepreneurship Commitee – Assists in entrepreneurship initiatives and support
- Startgrid – A collaborative platform for entrepreneurs, bringing people together to test, share, innovate, and grow ideas that will change the world.
- Insyght – If you´re a Michigan business owner or you have a great idea you want to make real, InsYght connects you to tools that can help.
- Michigan Business One Stop – Business One Stop is your first stop for doing business in the State of Michigan.
- Banker Forums – EDA and SBDC collaborate to prepare companies and entrepreneurs for introductions to our local banking community. The Forums create opportunities for companies to pitch their business and financial need to banking executives.
- The Underground Innovation Center - Providing entrepreneurial & small business support, co-working, incubation and acceleration programs. The Underground will open in April, 2017. For more information visit: www.startunderground.com
View training and seminar calendar of events.
The Bluewater Area Chamber of Commerce also holds several networking and informational sessions and ribbon cuttings to assist and promote St. Clair County's entrepreneurs.