Automotive Manufacturing Supply Chain – Tier 1
Michigan leads the world in the design, development and production of cars and trucks, and is the home of General Motors, Chrysler Fiat and Ford Motor Company. Our state employs more mechanical and industrial engineers than any other in the U.S. and has the third most engineers of all types in the country. Michigan also is home to 61 of the world’s top 100 automotive suppliers.
Click the map image to the right to download a detailed PDF.
St. Clair County is a preferred location for tiered automotive suppliers. The county provides a central location and is the gateway to the automotive supply chain through the Blue Water Bridge and CN rail tunnel. The county provides the following key advantages to automotive suppliers and OEMs:
- Highly productive and skilled manufacturing-based workforce
- Significant plastics cluster with a location quotient of 1.8
- 25 assembly plants located within four hours of our location
- OEM assembly plants in the region include Chrysler Fiat, Ford Motor Co., General Motors Co., Honda and Toyota
- Located on I-69, a NAFTA highway connecting Canada, U.S. and Mexico via highway and rail
- RESA Tech Center annually produces national award-winning talent in machining, welding and automation
- Cost of living 15% below national average
- Labor costs below or equal to other automotive clusters in the U.S. (Source: Stats America)
Offering the best of both worlds, our community is close enough to major markets to provide ample workforce, but far enough away to avoid traffic congestion. This increases efficiency for Just-In-Time (JIT deliveries) and lowers your risk (cost) due to delays caused by traffic.
Are you ready to join other successful local automotive companies in St. Clair County, Michigan?
Global Tier 1 Suppliers
|ALD Thermal Treatment||Germany||Heat Treat|
|Mag Power Group||Germany||Assembly Systems|
|Comau, Inc.||Italy||Assembly Systems|
|Michigan Metal Coatings||Japan||Metal Treatment|
|International Automotive Components||US||Carpet/Deck|
|Engineered Plastic Components||US||Plastics|
|TI Automotive||US||Fluid Lines|
|US Farathane||US||Plastic Interiors|
Watch Pure Michigan Automotive Industry Video: