- Outdoor Enthusiast?
Explore the great outdoors from seven phenomenal county parks to natural outdoor trails, gorgeous waterways, sandy beaches and beautiful golf courses
- The Island Loop Trail is a 10-mile water trail that’s great for paddle boards and kayaks. Start in the Black River, head out into Lake Huron, paddle below the Blue Water Bridge into the St. Clair River, and then back into the Black River. This is the only National Water Trail in Michigan – and only one of 22 in the nation!
- Want to take a bike ride? The Port Huron Bike Share program allows you to rent a bike from one of four locations around the city.
- Our region offers acres of state hunting land for hunters; and for fishing, well there's a popular phrase around here called "Fish On!"
- Stroll along the St. Clair River on the Blue Water River Walk in Port Huron. This one-mile walk along the shoreline includes an observation deck, outdoor classrooms, a fishing pier, and public art displays.
- Hike or bike over the 640-foot Mill Creek Trestle on the 12-mile Wadhams to Avoca Trail or enjoy any of our beautiful trails, parks and beaches.
- Don't own your own boat? You can still explore the beautiful waterways of the St. Clair River, Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Pine River or the Black River with Michigan Boat Rentals and Kayak and Paddle boat rentals. Already own a boat? You can launch from a variety of Marinas in St. Clair County.
Catch a play at The Snug, Riverbank or Citadel community theatres or within an hour, visit the Detroit Fox Theatre. A variety of theatrical and music perfomances can also be seen at the McMorran Place or the nearby Lexington Village Theatre.
- Crafty or Creative?
Create your own artful masterpiece or buy from local artists at Studio 1219
- Feeling Eventful?
Enjoy signature community events like the Port Huron-to-Mackinac Sailboat Races, Offshore Powerboat races, Michigan Michigan Beauty Pageant, Color Run or the Silver Sticks Hockey tournament or any regional events. You can also visit the nearby Little Caesars Arena in District Detroit which serves as the home of the Detroit Red Wings, Detroit Pistons and countless other sports, entertainment and community events.
We have oodles of super cool locally owned restaurants and pubs, as well as many popular food chains
- Java Junkie?
Not to worry, we've got your Starbucks and several other friendly and unique coffeehouses
- Tee Time?
You can conveniently book a Tee Time at one of our many beautiful golf courses
For the ultimate guide to the endless possiblities to play and explore in St. Clair County, from Museums to Lighthouses; to Wineries, Farmer's Markets and Cool Area Attractions, not to mention Unique Outdoor Experiences like Scuba Diving... visit Discover The Blue. As a resident of St. Clair County, you'll fall in love with our "blue as the Caribbean" water.