- Enjoy Michigan's natural beauty by living in a fringe suburban community that brings you close enough to Metro Detroit to enjoy all the nearby big city amenities (theatre, sports, regional airport) but far enough away to experience a productive, yet peaceful everyday quality of life
- Low Crime rates give you piece of mind to live and enjoy life safely in St. Clair County, Michigan
- Whether you’ve got the sniffles; or a serious medical emergency, you'll have great access to health care (cancer centers, award winning hospitals, walk-in clinics and multiple specialized physicians)
- From beach bungalows to lakefront mansions, waterfront condos, historic victorian homes or cool lofts with downtown walkability, our affordable housing options will buy you more for your hard earned money. Did you know that in cities like New York, Los Angeles, Miami, and San Francisco, you put in more than 100 hours to make enough money just to pay for housing. That’s longer than two-and-a-half weeks, meaning well over 50% of your take-home pay!
- When it comes to education, you’ve got choices. That's right, our county participates in school of choice, so you can choose the best K-12 school for your family regardless of what city, township or village you reside in. For higher education, we know that students are facing staggering student debt. We can help your student save thousands of dollars with a free two year degree, with an early college program that begins their junior year of high school.
- Living here, you'll enjoy spending more free time with family, friends or doing what you love. Short, non-congested and hassle free commutes will get you out of the car and back to enjoying life.
- For quality of life, you can't beat our multi-season outdoor recreation, food, fun and signature events offered in the region and in nearby surrounding areas. Visit our explore section to learn more about enjoying the life you'll love in St. Clair County.
- St. Clair County offers historic and quaint downtowns filled with unique shops, restaurants, pubs, breweries and gathering places
We recommend working with one of our friendly EDA Member real estate professionals for your residential search or relocation questions and needs.
Jeff Wine, JoAnne Wine & Associates
Dianna Maxwell, Kw Platinum
Tim Kearns, The Kearns Agency
Additional online housing resources:
St. Clair County School Directory
In an effort to continue providing a quality education for all students, a countywide schools of choice option is available. This countywide Schools of Choice Program allows parents and students to choose which St. Clair County public school they would like to attend regardless of where they live. The seven public school districts within St. Clair County participate.
- Early Childhood Services & Programs
- Early College (begin your degree for FREE in high school)
- Career & Technical Programs (including Skilled Trades)
- St. Clair County Community College
Rest assured, when living here, you can trust our health care providers to take great care of you and your loved ones. Whether dealing with a non-medical emergency, sports injury or serious health issue, St. Clair County’s robust medical community has you covered.
Our region offers you numerous walk-in clinics ready to serve your non-emergency medical needs.
If you’re ever faced with serious health issues, emergencies or medical trauma, we have three major hospitals ready to give you outstanding care during the most difficult and challenging times:
Both McLaren Port Huron and Lake Huron Medical Center have recently undergone major expansions and investment in the latest surgical technology, solidifying their commitment as award-winning healthcare providers to the community.